CAMT has the exclusive right to certify a music therapist with the MTA credential when they successfully completes the certification process. Individuals with MTA status have undergone a thorough review of specific eligibility requirements.
Eligibility Requirements Include:MTA Competencies
- They are a member in good standing of CAMT
- They have successfully completed a minimum bachelor of music therapy degree at a CAMT recognized institution
- They have completed a 1000-hour clinical internship under the supervision of a CAMT-Approved MTA Supervisor
- They have passed the Certification Board for Music Therapists exam administered in the USA
- They have signed a Statement of Adherence to the CAMT Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
Click “View the List” below to confirm that your music therapist is a Certified MTA.View the list